Here is a brief video demonstrating that you can use the Mac Photos app with external editing programs that you may have installed on your computer.
- This assumes that you have installed the external programs before attempting to use them from Photos.
- Luminar and Infinity are 2 programs that play well with Photos.
- Launch your Photos App
- Select the photo you wish to work on
- Choose Edit from the top right (latest version)
- When the edit window opens pick the circle with the dots inside it, should be to the right side beside the Info button.
- You will get a dropdown list of all the external editing software that Photo knows about.
- Select the program in which you wish to edit your photo.
- When finished there is a Save Changes button on the top right depending on which program you chose. There may be on screen instructions on how to get back to Photos. Follow the on screen prompts and then hit Save Changes and you will be back in Photos with your edits completed.