To all members………………
It would be great if members of the group can come to this event in respect of Ray Goddard’s passing and to remember the great times that were enjoyed with Ray’s imaginary and participation in the world of photography and model airplanes…….
Invitation to attend “A Photographic Tribute To Ray Goddard” on September 27th (Wednesday) at the Delta Photo Club meeting place – located at KinVillage in Tsawwassen (see map below) at 7:15 pm
- Program – Over 100 of Ray’s pictures (from the 1950’to May 2017) will be displayed – Ray was a member of the Delta Photo Club for over 25 years and just this spring was bestowed with the first Life Membership. Ray not only was the President, a respected critical judge of other photographer’s work, a countless award and gold medal winner of his art, a leader of Workshop outings, etc. but most importantly an enthusiast that others sought advice from of “how did you get that shot” so as to become a better photographer their selves. Above all, Ray was principally a nature photographer who could ‘capture’ the beauty of a desert rock, a mountain vista or the flowers at his favorite lake.
- At 7:30 a slide show will be shown featuring many of his excellent landscapes, abstracts and manipulated photographs
- At approximately 8:00 pm there will be a break for coffee/tea/nibbles and an opportunity to view his Art on display.
- At 8:30 there will be several (up to 2 minutes) personal vocal recognition pertaining to Ray’s Photographic work over the years – if you wish to partake, please let me know. Following there will be a further short slide show of his photographic art.
- Lastly, an adjudication of Ray’s Gold Metal win at the 2017 Canadian Association of Photographic Art Black & White Challenge.
Thank You for attending this tribute of Ray’s photography. It is intended that approximately 100 of Ray’s photographs will grace the halls of Metro’s Care Centres to provide lasting memories of his Photography Art.