Once again, thanks so much for your on-going support of the monthly themes.
This month’s theme is: Fine Art. This is a perfect opportunity to go for it and really let your creative juices flow. Challenge yourself and have fun!
Here is some inspiration:
FOR SALE – $2,400
Nikon D500 plus Nikon 16-80mm f/2.8-F/4 lens (purchased as a package…selling as a package)….. $2,400.00
- Flagship DX camera
- 10 FPS
- check out specs here: https://en.nikon.ca/nikon-products/product/dslr-cameras/d500.html
- This camera is in excellent condition. Screen cover since new.
- Includes everything that came
in the box, and includes the box too:
- Manual (English only – I threw out the French copy)
- Shutter count is currently 68,199. Camera is rated for 200,000 shutter actuations.
- Awesome lens
- B+W UV-Haze filter attached from the start (included with lens)
- Includes front and back caps
Other items for sale.
- 72mm circular polarizer – Sigma – $60.00
- 72mm 10 stop ND filter – B+W – $150.00
These filters fit the 16-80mm lens. I’d keep them but they don’t fit my other lenses.
Hello All Members—This came through from CAPA’s Tatanya Ye today and I thought I should send it out to everyone in the club—this is an opportunity to enter a world photo competition—-it is open to all/ individuals —-not through the clubs—-there is a pdf attached to this with all instructions and rules—-large prizes and a chance for international exposure—–you will be on your own with this one but it may be of interest—-Lynne Kelman/CBPC
Subject: Call for Entries —— 1st GCPA International Salon 2019
Greetings to the CAPA members!
Please forward the following information to your CAPA and club members.
Entries are welcome from all photographers in the world.
Here is a link to the submission rules and how to upload them.
The deadline for individual submission is Sept.20th,2019
As the host in the 1st GCPA International Salon 2019,we want to let you know the closing date is fast approaching and we hope you have your best photos ready to enter this year. The exhibition will have great prizes and awards which are recognized by PSA,CAPA and GPU.
In the 11st GCPA international 2019 there will be awarded these medals:
The Grand GCPA Award with USD5,000 Prize. The Best GCPA Awards (Gold,Silver and Bronze) with USD3,000,USD1,500 and USD500 Prizes .
8PSA Gold ,8PSA Silver, 8* PSA Bronze and 16 Ribbons
8CAPA Gold ,8CAPA Silver, 8* CAPA Bronze
8GPU Gold ,8GPU Silver, 8* GPU Bronze and 48 Ribbons
8GCPA Gold ,16GCPA Silver, 24* GCPA Bronze and 80 Ribbons
8Chairman Choices(GCPA Gold) 8 Merit Award (GCPA Silver)
2* Best Club Award (GCPA Gold)
Please get your images ready and submit them before the deadline on Sept 20th.
Enter through our website www.gcpa.club
Want to enter some images in the Challenge?
Find the rules and entry link here: http://www.gcpa.club
1st GCPA International Salon
To All Members /Crescent Beach Photo Club:
Your first competitive challenge (outside competition) for this season is the Lions Gate Camera Club’s Celebration of Nature Photography 2019. Here is all the information on it.
· All images submitted for this competition will be judged by a panel of three leading nature photographers completely independent of Lions Gate Camera Club.
· Our club is invited to submit up to eight images of our natural world. This year they will use the CAPA guidelines for Nature/Wildlife photography. (Attached as CAPA Nature Wildlife Chart).
· You may submit to CBPC up to 3 images in standard club format of 1400 pixels x 1050 pixels for landscape orientation, 1050 pixels on the long side for portrait orientation.
· You need to comply with the editing restrictions and the Hand of Man requirements.
· Your submissions will be judged at the club meeting on October 30th.
· The top 8 photographers will have their highest scoring photo entered into the competition.
· We will ensure the file will meet the required naming convention for the contest and will adjust it if necessary.
Attached is their Invitation letter, the CAPA Nature Wildlife Chart of what is allowed and what isn’t and the detailed CNP2019 specifications for submissions.
For any question just email me
September Theme – Creating compelling composition with Lines and Curves
To build on Lynne Kelman’s desire to help us learn and develop as photographers, the club executive has decided to take a slightly different approach to our themes this year. Starting this month, with Curves and Lines, we will be combining our themes with the corresponding CAPA competitions.As well as enjoying each month’s theme, you can consider this as a great opportunity to challenge yourselves by following the CAPA criteria. I will always provide a link to this information. The only difference from the last few years is that our judge/judges will now choose the top 6 to go forward while still having ribbons for first, second and third; and as always lots of discussion but no scores.
The executive will revisit this new approach from time to time to ensure that it is working for everyone.
Here is the link to the CAPA website:https://capacanada.ca/2019-theme/
Have fun!Lynne and Scott
Nothing for sale right now.
I’m sure some of you are eager to start working on our Summer theme.
So here it is.
SUMMERTIME OUTDOOR CLOSE-UPS
Look for photo opportunities at home in your garden, and out on your summer adventures.
There is plenty of time to explore and challenge yourself on this one.
Get out there and have fun.
Have a great summer!
Here is some inspiration: