– 2017 Altered Reality Competition – Winning Club images
– 2017 Altered Reality Competition – Winning Individual images
Here is a brief video demonstrating that you can use the Mac Photos app with external editing programs that you may have installed on your computer.
- This assumes that you have installed the external programs before attempting to use them from Photos.
- Luminar and Infinity are 2 programs that play well with Photos.
- Launch your Photos App
- Select the photo you wish to work on
- Choose Edit from the top right (latest version)
- When the edit window opens pick the circle with the dots inside it, should be to the right side beside the Info button.
- You will get a dropdown list of all the external editing software that Photo knows about.
- Select the program in which you wish to edit your photo.
- When finished there is a Save Changes button on the top right depending on which program you chose. There may be on screen instructions on how to get back to Photos. Follow the on screen prompts and then hit Save Changes and you will be back in Photos with your edits completed.
Portrait oriented image 1050 pixels on the long side
February – Black and White
March – Portraiture
April – Abstract and Conceptual
May – Street
Here is a PDF on Composition, It was found online by Karen Kroeker and passed on for the members.composition
BC Event Calendar
Check out this site for Events around BC
Great for Photo opportunities
YouTube Tutorial Channels for Photography Related Subjects
Some Channels fall into more than one category
If you have a favorite or a good one that does not appear in this list, send the link or the name of the YouTube channel to Brian Kilpatrick or the of this site and we can add it to the list as a resource for new and experienced members.
Software: Lightroom, Photoshop and similar
Phlearn — photoshop tips tricks and tutorials
Serge Ramelli — Photoshop and Luminar tips
B&H — Various Shows on many, many topics
Adorama — A full learning channel with various presentors
The Camera Store (Calgary) — In the field reviews of various products
Settings: Aperture, Shutter speed, Iso
Mike Browne — Good
General Photography: Composition, Lighting etc
Mike Browne — Good
Portrait: From the view of Photographer and the Model
Jason Lanier — Photoshoots and Lighting tips with models
Weekly Imogen. — Photoshoots and tips from the model’s perspective
PhotoRec TV. —Gear and some shooting tips
Online Photo news:
Tony and Chelsea Northrup — Camera Tutorials, Ebooks — Good
The Slanted Lens